Monday, March 15, 2010

Could the phishers at least try a little?

I got this in the mail today. It's so obscure and confusing I don't think I would answer it even if I was a noob. I think my favorite part is "Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to". Yeah. My bank always says something like that in their correspondence.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Paul N. Baroudi"
To: {me at one of my addresses}


Dear Tony,

Regarding below email, do you have any updates. I need the statements to
show the Kafalat audit team.

Best Regards,
Paul N. Baroudi

Junior Credit Officer| Zouk Commercial Branch
Bank Audi sal - Audi Saradar Group
Tel +961 9 226500/1 Ext. 253
Fax +961 9 226502

Val De Zouk Center
P.O.Box: 11-2560 Riad El-Solh, Beirut 1107 2808 LEBANON

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to
________________________________

From: Paul N. Baroudi
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 2:01 PM
To: 'tony@ics.com'
Subject:


Dear Tony,

Following our conversation, here are the 2 check numbers: 562140 ,
562139. Could you send me a copy of bank statement showing these checks.


Best Regards,
... more of the same ...

---------------------------DISCLAIMER--------------------------

This e-mail contains confidential information or information
belonging to Bank Audi sal - Audi Saradar Group and is intended
solely for the addressees. The unauthorized disclosure, use,
dissemination or copying (either whole or partial) of this
e-mail, or any information it contains, is prohibited. E-mails
are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be
guaranteed. Bank Audi sal - Audi Saradar Group shall not be
liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified. If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it
immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong
delivery and the mail deletion. Consider the environment before
printing this email.

-----------------------END OF DISCLAIMER-----------------------

No comments: